Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

STATEMENT FROM ADMINISTRATORS

1 August 2012

Administrators Begbies-Traynor now talking to other interested parties

Administrators Begbies-Traynor, acting on behalf of PortVale Football Club, have revealed that they are now talking to other interested parties after Keith Ryder’s proposed takeover did not complete on Monday.
 
However, Bob Young, on behalf of Begbies-Traynor, said thatMr Ryder remained as one of the potential candidates to take over at Port Valeand added that he had been assured by Mr Ryder that he was still working towards a conclusion. 

Said Mr Young: “We feel that we have given Keith every opportunity to complete and it is regrettable that this hasn’t happened. Keith assures methat he still feels he can complete the deal and we would welcome that.

“We initially gave him a deadline of the end of June, which was then extended to July 6. We feel this was sufficient time and the deal hasn’thappened.

“As a result of this, we are now offering the opportunity to buy the club to other groups and I have already had interest from a number ofparties. 

“If someone comes back to us with the funding first, then wewill obviously take that forward. We have to have the best interests of PortVale at heart and this is now becoming time-critical.”

Advertisement block