Why not try one of these recipes?
At Port Vale we are proud to announce that each week we will be recommending a recipe for you to try.
Below we will be talking you through our sixth "Port Vale recommended recipe."
This week we will be having a Mothers Day special, our very own Mother Traditional Apple Crumble.
Make sure you log on each week to get a new special recipe. All of the recipes have been donated from a Port Vale member of Staff, Player or Management.
If you would like to donate a recipe send in your suggestions to firstname.lastname@example.org
Mum's Traditional Apple Crumble
450g/1lb Cooking Apples, peeled and cored (see note below)
75g-100g/3 - 4oz Sugar
For the Crumble
1. Preheat the oven to 190C, 375F, Gas mark 5 and grease an ovenproof dish.
2. Cut the apples into 2.5cm/1-inch chunks then place in a saucepan with 2-3 tablespoons of water. Sprinkle over the sugar (according to how sweet the fruit is) and cook over a low heat for 10 minutes, stirring from time to time.
3. Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, rub the butter into the flour with your fingertips until it resembles breadcrumbs then stir in the sugar and mix well.
4. Taste the apple mixture and stir in a little more sugar if necessary, then transfer to the greased ovenproof dish and top with half the crumble mixture pressing firmly.
5. Sprinkle the remaining crumble mixture evenly over the top and bake in the oven for 20-25 minutes until crisp and golden brown. Serve hot or cold.
NB If you are using eating apples, reduce the amount of sugar as these will be sweeter than cooking apples.