Port Vale Academy is looking to recruit Youth Development Phase Coaches (part-time) to assist in the delivery of the Four Corner Development Model and Games Programme for players in the Youth Development Phase (YDP).
- Be experienced in working with players in the Youth Development Phase
- Hold the UEFA B Coaching Licence
- Hold the FA Youth Module Award
- Have an in-date Safeguarding qualification
- Have an in date EFAiF (1st Aid in Football) qualification
- Be available Monday, Wednesday and Friday evenings, and Sundays for match days
- Undertake any training relevant to the post, including ongoing CPD training
- Be familiar with the PMA and willing to input the relevant information for training and games programme
Applicants must have:
- Previous professional academy coaching experience
- A meticulous attention to detail
- Good interpersonal skills – must be a consistent team performer
- Ability to prioritise workload
- Player recruitment experience
- Ability to travel independently
- Excellent IT Skills
- Excellent organisational qualities
- Ability to work to tight deadlines
Successful applicants will need to:
- Organise and lead YDP coaching sessions
- Collaborate with the Head of Coaching and Lead YDP Coach to ensure sessions are delivered to the academy coaching and playing philosophy
- Deliver match days to suit the club’s playing philosophy and player development strategy
- Work with the academy multi-disciplinary team to ensure each individual player is maximising their potential
It is necessary to undertake any training relevant to the post, including ongoing CPD training, be trustworthy and adhere to codes of conduct, ethics and confidentiality.
The nature of the business means that there are significant variations in the level of activity; this requires the job holder to work whatever hours are needed to allow deadlines to be met.
The position is subject to a DBS at Enhanced Level, references and a six-month probationary period.
Applicants need to apply via the link below:
Closing date for applications is Friday 13th January