We are looking for a talented, enthusiastic and experienced Sports Performance Chef to work closely with the first team and academy players. You will take control in the development of innovative, performance driven menus in order to fuel training sessions, aid optimal recovery and promote adaptation. All whilst maintaining a key focus on HSE and food safety.
More about the role:
- You will take the lead with performance nutrition to create innovative and performance focussed menus for First Team and academy players.
- You will create innovative recipes to meet specific sport nutrition requirements
- Take control with the development of performance recipes ensuring high quality and exercising portion control for all items served
- Flexibility to travel to away fixtures and work with chefs at hotels to ensure food is cooked as specified on the menu and presented to highest standards
- Be able to lead and manage the team's catering requirements
Who you are:
- The ability to work the necessary hours, including evenings and weekends, as required to meet the requirements of the business
- Evidence of continual professional development and a desire to increase sport nutrition knowledge
- Experience of working in professional sport
- Experience of travelling away domestically with teams
- Experience of working with hotel chefs for away fixtures to ensure catering delivered to the highest standards
- Ability to work flexibly
- Ability to work under pressure
- Excellent organisational skills
The ideal candidate will have a strong understanding of sports nutrition to maximise the outputs of the players. This role does require the successful candidate to travel with the team to away games (this could include overnight stay).
If you are interested in finding out more feel free to get in touch via email – email@example.com