Port Vale are seeking an academy physiotherapist to work as part of the Sports Medicine and Science team.
Job Title: Academy Physiotherapist
Reports to: Academy Manager / 1st team physio
Location: Club (Physio department)
Working as part of the Sports Medicine and Science team; to develop, organise, coordinate and implement treatment and rehabilitation, medical screening and Health/Medical education programmes for all academy players.
- Provide access to appropriate physiotherapy support for all Academy players.
- Ensure appropriate physiotherapy support including the provision of well stocked medical bags, is available for all Academy activities.
- Maintain accurate and up to date medical records for all registered Academy players.
- Liaise with players, parents and staff in order to provide appropriate feedback on treatment of injuries.
- Ensure that a qualified medical person is present at all Academy training and games.
- Act as Physiotherapist for the Under 18 team and assist with reserve and schoolboy matches when required
- To ensure continuity within the under 9-18 ages and to oversee and evaluate the part time physiotherapists within the academy medical programme criteria.
- Liaise appropriately with Academy Manager and other staff with regard to the above listed responsibilities.
- Take responsibility for the professional development of all Academy Physiotherapists.
- Work closely with Sport Scientists/Strength and Conditioning Coaches to ensure best methods of Academy player development are achieved
- Supervise and mentor interns and students within the Sports Medicine Internship programme.
- Other appropriate duties as required by the Academy Management/1st Team Physio for example injured/rehab professional players registered at the club.
Head of Sports Medicine,( 1st Team Physio) Academy Manager, Sports Science Department, Players, Parents.
SCOPE / DIMENSIONS
The role is responsible for the management of all Academy Physiotherapists in the confines of budgetary restraints to be discussed with the academy manager.
The role is responsible for the organisation and management of the Academy Physiotherapy
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES :
CSP/HPC registered, Post grad BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy, Manual therapy skills, sports rehabilitation/knowledge in injury prevention methods and recovery strategies and knowledge of movement dysfunction analysis and experience in performance stability screening. Extensive knowledge of injury prevention methods and recovery strategies. Experience in managing and coordinating medical staff and patient list.
- Previous experience working as a physiotherapist in a professional football club and experience in working in an interdisciplinary sports science and medical team.
- Up to date first aid (First Aid for Sport/First Aid in the Workplace) and pitch-side trauma (Medical Gases/Defib). or FA ITMMIF
- Advanced Trauma Training (REMO/LM Medical). • Sports Massage Qualification/Acupuncture Qualification/Orthopaedic
Send all CV/applications to email@example.com along with a covering letter.