Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

REPORT: Newcastle Town 1 Port Vale 5

5 November 2014

Vale ease through to the next round of the Staffs Senior Cup

Newcastle Town:Joe Mellor, James Askey, Matt Low, Stuart Dickin, Aaron Carter, Elliot Osbourne, Brandon Moores (Leon Ashman 83), Tom Urwin, Jordan Cole (Josh Gordon 61), Tim Sanders, Neville Thompson (Tom France 46) .


Port Vale Harry Pickering, Fredi Veseli, Kyle Clarke, Billy Reeves (Brad Ede 46), Chris Robertson, Reiss Greenidge, Byron Moore, Chekaine Steele (Dan Wakeham 64), Jordan Slew, Achille Campion, Ryan Lloyd. Subs not used: Calum Ferrie, Lewis Bergin, Dan Wakeham, Jonathon Kapend.Reserves:


’s path and he finished very well into the far corner.Moore minute a ball out on the right saw Pickering come out of his area to foul the attacker but nothing came of the free kick. Just past the halfway stage of the first period saw Vale extend their lead to 3 goals as a slick move down the right saw Veseli find Slew who pushed into th Newcastle nearly pulled one back immediately as Cole hit a 20 yard shot that Pickering tipped around the post at full stretch to concede a corner. In the 19  sneak in to flick it past Mellor.Steele who thumped the ball into the corner of the net. Vale extended the lead after 13 minutes as a long ball over the top saw Lloyd team squad players and youngsters. Vale took the lead in the second minute from their first attack as Verselli found Slew and the ball ran to stWith a home quarter-final against Norton being the prize for the victors Vale put out a mixture of 1


    Steele was soon worming his way through the home defence and almost found Campion but the ball was cut out. At the other end a long ball into the 6 yard box saw Veseli beat the attacker to the ball to concede a corner but nothing came from that. A move up the right saw Campion beat the defender and his cross picked out Steele but his side-footed effort drifted past the far post. Slew cut in from the left after a strong run but was bundled over and saw the referee wave play on as the half finished with Vale well on top.


   powered a shot home. SlewSlew missed an opportunity from close range with 8 minutes remaining and this was soon followed by France flashing a header just wide from a searching cross from the right. Vale completed their nap hand with 3 minutes to go as   Newcastle responded with Pickering saving at full stretch from Osbourne. Lloyd had a fierce shot saved by Mellor and the free ball was cleared as Slew closed in. Urwin flashed a shot over the bar as Newcastle attacked and then Campion hit the bar with a looping header.   swept a ball home from the right of the area into the far corner.Moore The second half began with Newcastle on the attack and Pickering collected a cross low down before Slew got bustled off the ball at the far end. After 8 minutes Newcastle got back in to the game as Cole muscled Clarke off the ball on the right and with the ‘keeper to beat, he netted via Pickering’s outstretched foot. Vale restored the 3 goal advantage after 64 minutes as

LINDON ROBERTS – Port Vale Volunteers Group

Advertisement block