Vale in the Community is recruiting 16-17 years young people for NCS
NCS (National Citizens Service) is a once in a lifetime experience! Following on from last year’s successful programme, the Vale in the Community team are now recruiting for this year’s summer programme.
Along with thousands of other youngsters your age, you will take part in different outdoor activities, develop skills you didn’t even know you had, learning new things, helping your local community and best of all, making a load of new friends.
You’ll also be given the opportunity to create a project you really care about and bring it to life in your local area.
There are six phases to the project:
1. Taster days and meeting your team mates, there’s plenty to be involved in as soon as you sign up!
2. An exciting five days away from home in the great outdoors. Meet new people build your confidence and try new challenges led by fully qualified staff.
3. Live independently for five days in a local University, Youth Hostel or Youth Centre. Discover more about your community and learn vital new skills.
4. Be inspired by business and community groups. Design a project to help a local charity or good cause of your choice.
5. Work with new friends to deliver a social action project in your community in 30 hours across a number of days.
6. Take part in further social action, use your new skills in study and work and enjoy exclusive NCS graduate opportunities. You could even have the chance to venture overseas with the International Citizen Service.
Fast forward your future now and say yes!
Ring 01782 831900 or email firstname.lastname@example.org