Why not try one of these recipes?At Port Vale we are proud to announce that each week we will be recommending a recipe for you to try.
Below we will be talking you through our second "Port Vale recommended recipe."
This week we will be having Pea soup!
Make sure you log on each week to get a new special recipe. All of the recipes have been donated from a Port Vale member of Staff, Player or Management.
If you would like to donate a recipe send in your suggestions to email@example.com
350g/1oz Frozen peas
2 Medium sized Potatoes, diced
1 large Onions, chopped
900ml/30fl.oz. Fresh Chicken Stock
2 Egg Yolks, beaten
Salt & Pepper
Chopped Fresh Parsley or Chives to garnish
1. Put the frozen peas, diced potato and chopped onion in a small saucepan. Add the butter and 150ml/15 fl. oz. of the chicken stock and stir. Cover and allow vegetables to cook very gently over a medium heat for 5 minutes.
2. Remove the cover and continue to simmer, stirring, until the onions and potatoes are soft. Add just enough stock from time to time, to keep the vegetables moist.
3. Purée the vegetables in a food processor, or pass through a sieve.
4. Combine the beaten egg yolks and cream in a bowl placed over a pan of very hot water. Add the puréed vegetables and remaining hot stock. Cook the soup over simmering water, stirring all the time, until thick and smooth. Do not let the soup come up to the boil.
5. Season with salt, freshly ground black pepper, and a pinch of cayenne pepper or lemon juice.
6. Sprinkle with chopped parsley or chives just before serving.