Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Match Reports

REPORT - Kidderminster

19 July 2013

Match report from Aggborough - Kidderminster Harriers v Port Vale

Kidderminster Harriers v Port Vale
At Aggborough
Friday 19th July 2013
Attendance: 504 including 51 visiting supporters

KIDDERMINSTER HARRIERS: Danny Lewis, Lee Vaughan, Chey Dunkley, Marvin Johnson, Jack Byrne, Lee Fowler, Kyle Storer, Danny Jackman, Ryan Rowe, Michael Gash. SUBS: Jamie Tolley, Nathan Blissett, Anthony Malbon, James Dance, Dior AngusMickey Demetriou, Nathan Vaughan, Jamie Grimes.

PORT VALE: Chris Neal, Daniel Jones, Anthony Griffith, Paul Reid, Matt Doumbe, Jennison Myrie-Williams, Ryan Lloyd, Lee Hughes, Ben Williamson, Chris Shuker, Richard Duffy. SUBS: Sam Johnson, Tom Pope, Louis Dodds, Gavin Tomlin, Chris Lines, Kaid Mohamed, Chris Robertson.

As expected, Micky Adams brought in two trialists in the heart of the Vale defence. Paul Reid, lately with Scunthorpe United but with a string of clubs to his name was partnered by Matthais Doumbe, who can count PSG amongst his former clubs, more recently with MK Dons.

Vale came away from Aggborough with a well deserved draw after facing a decent Blue Square Premier outfit in their second game in four days.

In a lively start to the game it was fairly evenly matched, with both sides committed to attack and Vale went close to going in front on 11 minutes when Lee Hughes planted a header which was not too far off.

Danny Jones picked up a slight thigh injury in the build up and was substituted in the 14th minute – Kaid Mohamed coming on as a replacement, with Ryan Lloyd slotting in at left back.

Vale were doing plenty going forward and their work finally paid off in the 21st minute when Jennison Myrie-Williams drilled the ball low across the face of goal and the unfortunate JOSH GOWLING turned the ball into his own net.

A cross from Marvin Johnson caused a bit of a panic in the Vale defence, but the visitors were soon on the attack again, with Lee Hughes denied as he pulled the trigger by a well timed tackle from Gowling.

Vale were having much the better of things without testing Danny Lewis in the Harriers goal too often, whilst the Vale defence handled the home attacks quite comfortably.

Anthony Malbon came off the bench to face his former side at the beginning of the second half and he was joined by Jamie Tolley.

Vale made just the one change with Chris Lines coming on for Richard Duffy – Anthony Griffith dropped back to play right back.

Kidderminster levelled the scores in the 55th minute when MARVIN JOHNSON teased Ryan Lloyd on the Vale left, before cutting inside and firing over the head of Chris Neal and into the far top corner of the net.

The home side were handed an opportunity to go in front when Lee Vaughan went down inside the box following a challenge by Mohamed and the referee awarded a penalty.

Michael Gash placed the ball on the spot and chose to blast the ball, smashing it against the crossbar before Vale were able to clear their lines.

Two minutes later Chris Robertson came on for Matt Doumbe and the home side sent on Dior Angus in place of Danny Jackman.

Vale then made a double substitution in the 72nd minute – Tom Pope and Gavin Tomlin coming on in place of Lee Hughes and Ben Williamson.

Harriers made a further five changes in the 76th minute and at the same time Louis Dodds replaced Chris Shuker for the Vale.

On 80 minutes Vale made another change, with Sam Johnson given ten minutes or so to impress as a replacement for Chris Neal.

Advertisement block