Port Vale Football Club is seeking to hire a First Team Recruitment Analyst to join the club's growing recruitment department. The position will support the club's Head of Recruitment in the organisation and management of the scouting and recruitment operations.
Reporting To: Head of Recruitment
Location: Vale Park, Stoke
Hours: Part-time and full-time to be considered.
Applicants must be prepared to work unsociable hours (evenings and weekends)
Key Roles & Responsibilities:
- Attend regular live matches to support the player identification process
- Assess players on video in the same manner as live matches
- Compile match, individual and team reports in line with the club’s bespoke templates
- Maintain player shortlists and scout databases
- Compile video reels for prospective targets
- Compile player dossiers for prospective targets and all relevant research needed
- Attend and contribute to scouting and recruitment meetings, being prepared to present (and be accountable for) realistic player targets
- High level of technical and tactical football knowledge
- Strong work ethic and passion for the discipline
- High level of presentation skills
- Strong attention to detail
- Able to formulate and present their own ideas and be open minded when considering others
- Ability to work to deadlines
Ideally, applicants will also have a full clean driving license and access to their own car.
- Highly proficient in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & Powerpoint) and/or Apple products (Pages, Numbers & Keynote).
- Experience using key industry software (Statsbomb, Wyscout, Hudl Sportscode or equivalent products)
- Experience of using video editing software
It would also be desirable, although not essential, that the applicant would possess any of the following:
- FA Talent ID qualifications
- Alternative scouting qualifications
- FA Coaching qualifications
- Degree or masters in a Sports related course
If you are interested in the role, please provide a CV, covering letter or examples of any work plus current salary or salary expectations.
Applicants need to apply via the below link:
Closing date for applications is 5pm on Wednesday 26th October 2022