Port Vale Football Club are seeking an Academy Physiotherapist to join our growing medical department ahead of the new season.
Job Title: Academy Physiotherapist
Reports to: Academy Manager / (1st Team Physio)
Location: Club (Physio Department)
Working as part of the Sports Medicine and Science team; to develop, organise, coordinate and implement treatment and rehabilitation, medical screening and
Health/Medical education programmes for all academy players.
- Provide access to appropriate physiotherapy support for all Academy players.
- Ensure appropriate physiotherapy support including the provision of well stocked medical bags, is available for all Academy activities.
- Maintain accurate and up to date medical records for all registered Academy players.
- Liaise with players, parents and staff in order to provide appropriate feedback on treatment of injuries.
- Co-ordinate all part time to ensure that a qualified medical person is present at all Academy training and games.
- Act as Physiotherapist for the Under 18 team and assist with reserve and schoolboy matches when required
- To ensure continuity within the under 9-18 ages and to oversee and evaluate the part time physiotherapists within the academy medical programme criteria.
- Liaise appropriately with Academy Manager and other staff with regard to the above listed responsibilities.
- Take responsibility for the professional development of all Academy Physiotherapists.
- Work closely with Sport Scientists/Strength and Conditioning Coaches to ensure best methods of Academy player development are achieved.
- Supervise and mentor interns and students within the Sports Medicine Internship programme
- Other appropriate duties as required by the Academy Management/1st Team Physio for example injured/rehab professional players registered at the club
Head of Sports Medicine ( 1st Team Physio)
Academy Manager, Sports Science Department, Players, Parents.
SCOPE / DIMENSIONS
The role is responsible for the management of all Academy Physiotherapists in the confines of budgetary restraints to be discussed with the academy manager. The role is responsible for the organisation and management of the Academy Physiotherapy.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- CSP/HPC registered.
- Post grad BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy
- Manual therapy skills, sports rehabilitation/knowledge in injury prevention methods and recovery strategies and knowledge of movement dysfunction analysis and experience in performance stability screening.
- Extensive knowledge in injury prevention methods and recovery strategies.
- Experience in managing and co-ordinating medical staff and patient list.
- Up to date first aid (First Aid for Sport/First Aid in the Workplace) and pitchside trauma (Medical Gases/Defib). or FA ITMMIF
- Previous experience working as a physiotherapist in a professional football club and experience in working in an interdisciplinary sports science and medical team.
- Advanced Trauma Training (REMO/LM Medical).
- Sports Massage Qualification/Acupuncture Qualification/Orthopaedic
If you believe you have the right mix of skills for this position please send the completed application form, a Cover Letter and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org