We have a fantastic opportunity for an enthusiastic Media Officer/Assistant Media Officer to join the Club during an exciting chapter of change and evolution at Port Vale.
As a media officer, you will collaborate with different departments within the business to help formulate and implement a cohesive communications strategy which straddles online, social media, press liaison, commercial, community and internal comms.
The successful candidate will gain broad experience in communications and should be prepared to enter a fast-paced work environment with anti-social hours which fit around a football business diary.
- Support and coordinate daily communication tasks
- Assist in marketing and advertising promotional activities (e.g. social media)
- Prepare promotional presentations
- Help with the commercial team to promote partnerships
- Assist with the promotion of the Port Vale Foundation
- Help with staging club events
- Shoot video, take photographs and interview club staff
- Strong desire to learn along with professional drive
- Solid understanding of media and social media
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent knowledge of MS Office and Photoshop
- Familiarity with marketing computer software and online applications (e.g. CRM tools, Online analytics and Google Adwords)
- A passion for football
The ideal candidate will have a Sports Journalism or Journalism degree and real passion for and understanding of football. This role will require you to work in the football season. This includes working weekends and evenings. Travel to away games will also be expected within this role.
If you are interested in this position, get in touch with the recruitment team: firstname.lastname@example.org