The Port Vale academy are seeking a part time staff member with a sports science/strength and conditioning background. More information on the role can be found below:
- Assist in the design and implementation of strength training and club conditioning programs.
- Using the GPS data to assist in load management in accordance with the periodization plan.
- Help provide and deliver both group and individualized strength and conditioning programs to all players within the youth team.
- Assist in the delivery of the sports science testing program, which includes movement and flexibility tests, physical tests and strength plate analysis.
- Assist in the rehabilitation and conditioning of players with prolonged injuries.
- Maintain contact with medical and rehabilitation personnel to individualize strength and power training for the athlete to return from an injury.
- Ensure that all administrative tasks associated with this role, including the use of their monitoring system, are completed in a timely manner.
- Assist with the evaluation of athletes’ performance.
- Support the Head of Sports Science & Medicine with the day-to-day running of the department.
- Nutrition and Recovery Protocols
- Assisting in the ordering and stock control of nutritional supplements.
- Provide guidance and direction for the Academy’s conditioning and strength program.
- Have a minimum of or work towards obtaining a degree in the field of sports science and/or strength and conditioning
- Have experience in designing, implementing, and monitoring programs for elite athletes
- Have excellent communication skills, both oral and written.
- Be friendly and enthusiastic with a strong work ethic.
- Be willing to participate in and carry out Continuing Professional Development (CPD).
- Have excellent IT skills, including the use of Excel, Word and Powerpoint
This post is a part time position, for more information or to submit your CV please email email@example.com