An exciting opportunity has arisen within Port Vale Football Club for an experienced Groundsperson to join our specialist grounds team based in Stoke-on-Trent.
The Grounds Team is recruiting a new member to support with the growing number of pitches used by the academy and professional team squads as well as the surrounding community. To be considered for this role, you will hold a relevant qualification and must have relevant grounds experience.
Responsibilities will include:
- Maintain football pitches at the Training round for both the academy and the professional team squads to a high level.
- Using machinery, including tractors and mowers safely and responsibly, operating the irrigation system and fertilising pitches.
- Reporting machinery/system faults to the Grounds Manager
- Marking out pitches to an excellent standard
- Show a can-do attitude and willingness to work proactively and collaboratively with the wider Port Vale Football Club team.
- Ensure full compliance with health and safety regulations and safe working practices
- Working hours will be on a 37.5 hour week basis, with lieu days given for weekend work.
A successful applicant will have:
- We will be looking for a candidate with experience working in the sports turf industry and will be qualified at least to NVQ2 level in a grounds subject area.
- Full UK driving licence essential
- Ability to work unsociable working hours due to weather and fixtures.
What’s on Offer:
- Competitive Salary
- Company pension
- 25 days holiday, plus bank holidays
- On-site parking
- Other Company Benefits
Please note, short listing and interviews will take place throughout the duration of the vacancy. This may mean that the vacancy could close early should suitable candidates be found. Applicants should be aware that due to the high volume of applications received, we are unable to respond to individuals during the recruitment process.
Port Vale Football Club is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children, young people and vulnerable adults. The job holder will be required to undertake appropriate safeguarding checks as well as providing proof of right to work in the UK.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org