An exciting opportunity has arisen at Port Vale Football Club Football Club to gain valuable experience of working with footballers in an elite sporting environment. We are looking for pro-active individuals with a keen interest of working in sport, who are up to date with current literature; understand their scope of practice and who seek to develop their practical, holistic skills.
What does it take to be successful in this role?
To be successful within this role you would need to:
- Have a good understanding of human anatomy and physiology
- Understand movement patterns
- Be able to assess players for muscle imbalances
- Be able to provide effective assessment and diagnose an injury
- Screen players effectively
- Maximise performance and functions with hands-on therapy and exercise programs
- Communicate effectively with clients and other therapists
The Ideal Candidate:
The successful applicant must meet the following requirements:
- Have a sports therapy qualification
- Be studying towards sports therapy, exercise therapy, rehabilitation or physiotherapy
- Have experience working with patients
- Have good English skills - both written and verbally