Port Vale Football Club are seeking a Lead Academy Phase Coach, who has previous experience as a professional footballer.
Reporting To: Academy Manager
Term: Permanent full-time.
Location: Port Vale FC, Vale Park, Hamil Road, Burslem, ST6 1AW
Salary: Dependent on experience and qualifications.
Hours: Minimum of 37 hours per week and to meet the needs of the Academy.
The Role: To manage the development of the Academy Apprentices across the Four corner development model.
• In conjunction with the Academy Manager oversee the delivery of the Technical Programme for Academy Apprentices 16-18.
• Monitor the development of the apprentices recording individual player data on the Player Performance tool PMA.
• Liaise with the Head of Coach Development/Head of Academy Coaching to create session plans appropriate to learning and developing individuals in this age group.
• Devising individual learning objectives/action plans for each player.
• In conjunction with the Head of Coach Development and Head of Education formulate and deliver a review process with Academy apprentices.
• Liaise closely with the Academy Manager - Head of Recruitment/ AMT Staff on identifying and monitoring possible trialist's players for the 16 -18 age group.
• Manage the U18 team alongside the Academy Manager/Head of Coach Development in the category specific League/Cup fixtures.
Qualifications (or internationally recognised equivalent):
• UEFA A License
• FA Youth Award. • FA Youth Modules 1/2 (3 desirable) • FA level 2 First Aid • Current DBS/CRC
• Must have experience as a Professional Footballer.
• Experience of coaching U18 players at Academy level.
• A good track record of successfully working with players at the Youth Development and Professional Development Phases.
• To Coach and delivery from the Academy performance plan
• To Coach in ensuring that players graduating to the Senior Professional Phase 1921 do so with a high degree of technical and tactical ability with physical and psych/social capability.
• Specialist trained to ensure that players graduating from the phase at U17 have built upon the core ball mastery skills and are able to apply individual skills appropriately in a team setting with a growing tactical awareness in their role in the team
• Specialist training to deliver coaching in the Professional Development Phase
• Maintain a weekly training reporting process with the Head of Coach Development/AM.
• Deliver group and individual weekly performance objectives
• Assist in the evaluation of the weekly performance objectives
• Liaise at the request of the Lead Development Coach or Academy Manager with parents of the Academy Players within the Development Phase
• Assist in the reporting and monitoring of performance, recording, reporting and evaluation of Academy Players in the Pro Development Phase
• Assist in the monitoring and supervision of the games programme and games
• Take part in all relevant meetings including in service training, parents’ meetings /reviews at the request of the Academy Manager
• Show a continuous commitment to personal development through relevant bodies and courses
Be aware of the club’s Coaches Code of Conduct -Child Protection policy, Health and Safety policy and Emergency procedures and take responsibility for safety of those participating or under your guidance.
If you are interested in finding out more feel free to get in touch via email – firstname.lastname@example.org