Port Vale Academy are seeking a Level 4 qualified (ITMMiF) Physio/Sports Therapist to join our team on a part-time basis.
Job Title: Academy Matchday Physio/ Therapist (Part Time)
Reports to: Senior Academy Physio /Head of Sport Medicine and Science Department / Academy Manager
Area: Sports Medicine and Science
Location: Dimensions / Northwood (Stoke-on-Trent)
JOB ROLE - Working as part of a growing Sports Medicine and Science team; to provide medical cover on match days, to develop and implement treatment and rehabilitation, to assist with medical screening and Health/Medical education programmes for all academy players 8-16.
- Provide access to appropriate physiotherapy/therapy support for all registered and trialist academy players.
- Ensure appropriate physiotherapy/therapy support including the provision of well stocked medical bags, is available for all Academy activities.
- Maintain accurate and up to date medical records for all registered Academy players.
- Liaise with players, parents and staff in order to provide appropriate feedback on treatment of injuries.
- Provide matchday first aid, assessment and treatment to all academy players.
- Ensure that a qualified medical person is present at all academy training and games.
- Liaise appropriately with Academy Manager and other staff with regard to the above listed responsibilities.
- Work closely with Sport Scientists/Strength and Conditioning Coaches to ensure best methods of Academy player development are achieved
- Supervise and mentor interns and students within the Sports Medicine Internship programme.
- Arrange and supervise appropriate protocols for trialists and development Centres.
- Other appropriate duties as required by the Academy Management team.
SKILLS AND COMPETENCIES
- CSP/HCPC registered or equivalent.
- BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation.
- Flexible to working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Experience of managing own caseload and maintaining accurate and up to date notes effectively.
- In date, Level 4 First aid qualification (ITMMiF).
- Experience of working within an interdisciplinary sports science and medical team and rehabilitating Musculoskeletal injuries in a sporting environment.
- Extensive manual therapy skills, sports rehabilitation/knowledge in injury prevention methods and recovery strategies and knowledge of movement dysfunction analysis and experience in performance stability screening.
- Previous experience working as a physiotherapist/therapist in a professional football Club.
- Sports Massage Qualification/Acupuncture Qualification/Orthopaedic Medication Qualification.
To apply please email C.V. with covering letter to
email@example.com – Senior Academy Physiotherapist.