If you follow football or would like to work in the sports sector, this is a unique career opportunity for you; a role which is a mix of management accounting and commercial business partnering.
Based at Vale Park, the Club Accountant’s purpose is to provide comprehensive financial and business support to the Financial Controller. The role works with department heads and the management team to assist in financial decision making to inform business strategy and strives for continuous improvement of the management accounts pack to ensure it delivers the information required for decision making across the business.
The role is a mix of management accounting and commercial business partnering.
Working with multiple Heads of Departments and Reporting to the Financial Controller responsibilities include:-
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for Port Vale Football Club together with commentaries and supporting analysis;
- Preparation and support to Budgeting & Forecasting for the business;
- Cost control of expenditure against approved budgets;
- Analysis and recommendation of any operational efficiencies and potential cost savings.
The successful candidate will possess the following:-
- Commercially astute qualified/QBE accountant with excellent analytical skills;
- Understanding of accounting standards and legislation;
- Commercial awareness with an interest in business and an understanding of how an organisation works and manages resources;
- Able to prepare Financial Models - a highly competent user of Microsoft Excel;
- Combines excellent communication and relationship building skills with which to influence and challenge at all levels.
Commercial awareness, attention to detail and the ability to work with both Finance and non-Finance staff are integral in this role.