Port Vale Football Club are looking to recruit a part time physiotherapist to join our fantastic team at the academy.
Working as part of the Sports Medicine and Science team you will be required to develop, organise, coordinate and implement treatment and rehabilitation, medical screening and Health/Medical education programmes for all academy players 8-16.
- Provide access to appropriate physiotherapy/therapy support for all registered and trialist academy players.
- Ensure appropriate physiotherapy/therapy support including the provision of well stocked medical bags, is available for all Academy activities.
- Maintain accurate and up to date medical records for all registered Academy players.
- Liaise with players, parents and staff in order to provide appropriate feedback on treatment of injuries.
- Ensure that a qualified medical person is present at all Academy training and games.
- Liaise appropriately with Academy Manager and other staff with regard to the above listed responsibilities.
- Work closely with Sport Scientists/Strength and Conditioning Coaches to ensure best methods of Academy player development are achieved
- Supervise and mentor interns and students within the Sports Medicine Internship programme.
- Arrange and supervise appropriate protocols for trialists and development centres.
- Other appropriate duties as required by the Academy Management
Essential Skills Required:
- CSP/HPC registered or equivalent.
- Post grad BSc (Hons) Physiotherapy, Sports Therapy or Sports Rehabilitation.
- Flexible to working hours (evenings and weekends).
- Experience of working within an interdisciplinary sports science and medical team and rehabilitating Musculoskeletal injuries in a sporting environment.
- Experience of managing own caseload and maintaining accurate and up to date notes effectively.
- Extensive manual therapy skills, sports rehabilitation/knowledge in injury prevention methods and recovery strategies and knowledge of movement dysfunction analysis and experience in performance stability screening.
- Previous experience working as a physiotherapist/therapist in a professional football club.
- Up to date first aid qualification (ITMMiF).
- Sports Massage Qualification/Acupuncture Qualification/Orthopaedic Medication Qualification/Pilates Qualification.
To apply please email C.V. with covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org – Senior Academy Physiotherapist.