Job Title: Senior Academy Physiotherapist
Reports to: Head Physiotherapist, Academy Manager
Hours: 40 hours per week: flexibility to work evenings and weekends when required
Clinically responsible for the day-to-day management of the Port Vale U18’s team.
To manage the Academy Sports Science and Medicine Team.
To assess, advise and provide evidence based rehabilitation to all academy players if and when required.
To design and implement physiological, maturation and anthropometric testing.
To provide first aid cover for U18 home and away games.
• Responsible for the management and supervision of physiotherapy provision for Port Vale FC academy players, working daily with the U18s squad.
• Oversee the part-time academy physiotherapists in their provision to U9s - U16s academy players.
• Ensure the management of injuries meets commitments to the players, coaches, and senior management through clinical audit and accurate documentation.
• Assist and co-ordinate the pre-signing medical assessments of all academy players as required.
• Accompany academy players to medical consultations when required.
• Provide physiotherapy cover for U18s home and away games.
• Ensure all medical equipment and procedures are regularly reviewed and maintained.
• Organise and implement regular in-service training for part-time physiotherapists and coaches.
Essential skills and competencies
BSc in Physiotherapy
Intermediate First Aid for Sport (IFAS) qualification for pitch-side cover
CV's to be emailed to Sevvy Aslam - Sevvy.Aslam@port-vale.co.uk