Skip to main content Skip to site footer
Club News

FRIENDLY REPORT: Port Vale Reserves 2-1 Chester FC

2 September 2014

Port Vale reserves played a behind closed doors game this afternoon against Vanarama Conference side Chester FC, with a view of giving several first team players game time.


A goal each for recent loan signings Jordan Slew and Archille Campion were enough for Vale to come away with the win, in a match that ended 2-1.


Vales first chance came early on when Louis Dodds tried a half volley from the edge of the box, but Chester’s keeper managed to get to it with little effort.


Byron Moore showed what he can do early on when he caught a Chester player dawdling in the middle of the park, snatched the ball off him and ran down the wing on his own, but his cross couldn’t find any players.


Jordan Slew made it 1-0 midway through the first half.


Archille Campion made it 2-0 to Vale, 37 minutes in, when Ryan Lloyds in-swinging corner came in from the left which was headed powerfully into the net by the Frenchman.


Vale nearly made it three when Moore played Adam Yates down the wing, crossed into a bustling box to find Jordan Slew who managed to reach it, but his first time shot didn’t worry the Chester keeper.


Vale went in at half-time 2-0 up, one change was made with Campion coming off for Jonny Kapend.


Vales first chance of the second half came on 54 minutes when Jordan Slew found space on the right hand side, passed across goal finding Dodds who sliced the ball the wrong side of the goalpost.


Another Vale chance came minutes later when Byron Moore raced down the right, passes back to Yates who crosses into Slew, but the centre forward on loan from Blackburn Rovers couldn’t get enough on the ball with several defenders around him to get his second goal.


Chester got themselves back in the game on 66 minutes when their number 22 turned and took a shot from in the box straight past with the ball whistling past Chris Neal after a good searching pass to make it 2-1.


An un-named Chester player nearly equalised on 90 minutes when he put in a powerful shot which looked destined to go into the net, however Chris Neal came to the rescue with a great save.


In the end it was a very even game with chances for both sides, however Vale’s two new strikers were the difference in the game both getting on the team sheet.

Advertisement block