Why not try one of these recipes?At Port Vale we are proud to announce that each week we will be recommending a recipe for you to try.
Below we will be talking you through our fourth "Port Vale recommended recipe."
This week we will be having crispy cauliflower.
Make sure you log on each week to get a new special recipe. All of the recipes have been donated from a Port Vale member of Staff, Player or Management.
If you would like to donate a recipe send in your suggestions to email@example.com
6ozs bacon (chopped)
8 ozs mushrooms (sliced)
6 ozs grated cheese
1 oz plain flour
¾ pint milk
2 tbls breadcrumbs
1. Cook the cauliflower in boiling water until tender.
2. Drain & put in a shallow ovenproof dish.
3. Heat the butter in a saucepan & gently fry the bacon for about five minutes.
4. Add the mushrooms and fry for a further three minutes.
5. Add flour & milk to the saucepan and bring to the boil stirring continuously, then cook for two mins.
6. Remove from heat & stir in 4oz cheese & salt & pepper to taste.
7. Pour over the cauliflower.
8. Combine the remaining grated cheese with the breadcrumbs.
9. Sprinkle over the cauliflower and then brown under the grill.
10. Garnish with the parsley and serve.